Monday, March 22, 2010

Paradise Cove Luau ROCKED!!!

Oh my stars!  Last night we went to a Luau at Paradise Cove and it was such fun!



We got the Orchid Package, mainly because I wanted an orchid lei and you don't get that with the basic package.

And you get another cocktail with the Orchid Package, too - and let's be honest here - another Blue Hawaii or Lava Flow drink is always welcome in my world!



There were loads of pre-luau activities.  Hula lessons, shopping at loads of little booths (where you can buy this lovely Obama bobble head doll - we didn't buy that, despite our love for Barack...)


Also a lovely sarcastic little Hawaiian woman ran a  make your own flower bracelet station - that was fun!  She decked me out in a lovely flower bracelet and gave me a flower to wear in my hair.


There was also a "tattoo" station where James and I got each other's Hawaiian names "tattooed" on us.



The true Luau began with a  lovely pig-coming-out-of-the-ground ceremony.   We're lucky that the pig went by quickly, James was salivating as it was paraded by us...  I had to hold him down....  to his credit, it smelled really great.




Oh, and there was a parrot that James befriended. He didn't know any cuss words, much to our chagrin... but he did know this word:



And of course there was the awesome DANCING! And there was a guy who danced some crazy fire worshiping dance - just amazing! Oh, and they showed all different kinds of hula - not only from Hawaii, but they showed the "sitting chair" hula which only came about in 1949 and also the hula from Tahiti!



And after the luau was over we went to my favorite place ever.... What a great way to end a fantastic evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment