Monday, March 22, 2010

Buddha, Roy's and a little bubbly...

Oh, friends -what a wonderful first day we had here!  James told you all about the first half, now I'm back to write about the second half!


After lunch at Buzz's we found our way to the Boyodo - In Buddhist temple and it was truly breathtaking.  The quiet and calm was the most relaxing, non-touristy, lovely activity.  We loved the Ginga fish...  James felt right at home with the Ginga flowers.





 Oh, and James got to ring the big bell!  Buddha loved that, I'm sure...

We also stumbled across the set to LOST used in the first season!  Awesome, no?  I've never seen LOST, but now I want to start watching just because of this!


Our temple experience was perfect!  




We said a quick hello to the big Buddha and then decided to peace out to get ready for dinner with our friends - Dietra and Jason!  We went to Roy's in Waikiki and LOVED the sushi roll entitled Frying Dragon...  (insert salivating noise here... mmmmwwwahhh....)



As the evening went on everyone put their cocktail umbrellas in my hair.  Needless to say, by the end my hair-do was filled with colorful little umbrellas!



Was a tasty meal and lovely to see my girlfriend Dietra whom I met while working at Valleyfair theme park in Minnesota!  We made plans to go to the Side Street Inn for some SPAM food dishes on Wednesday night!


Then James and I strolled along the beach and wandered into the lovely Westin Hotel for a quick glass of bubbly - and get this - they had my favorite champagne!  Domanie St. Michele!  Hooray!

What a brilliant way to end our first day in paradise..

No comments:

Post a Comment