Friday, March 26, 2010

Lazy Wednesday...

Well, we had a lazy Wednesday after our whirlwind tour of most of Hawaii.  Plus, after our experience with the Honolulu rush hour we wanted to stick close to Waikiki.

In the morning we woke up at 9:30 and did something I've never done before - we ordered Room Service!

It was just delightful!  I got lovely corn-flake crusted french toast (try it at home - it's lovely) with loads of fruit.  James got an omlet with mushrooms, ham and cheese - yum!



After a delightful Room Service treat I decided to take a little nap.  My little nap turned into a long nap and I woke up at 1pm to find James blogging.

We decided to do different things that afternoon - because sometimes it's fun to spend time apart and come back and share...  James worked out and I went on a walk to the International Market where I mailed postcards and got a couple of goodies for myself!


On the way I got some lovely flower photos in the hotel lobby...








After our time apart we decided to meet up on the Waikiki Beach.  I took a picture for my hometown newspaper - the Edina Magazine.  James was my photographer - turned out pretty good, right??  He's so talented!


We also got a delightful view when we laid out on Waikiki Beach of the lovely palm trees.


I also got  lovely view of a tall handsome Ginga on the beach...


After a lovely sunset we were off to the Side Street Inn where we met up again with my awesome friends Dietra & Jason!  Side Street (featured on No Reservations on the Food Network) is a local hole-in-the-wall place with a long wait to get in, a fantastic atmosphere and an awesome waitress who had a voice like mickey mouse!  No joke!

Here was the beginning of our food journey at the Side Street Inn.  


This was our final amount of food:



After much belt un-buckeling, laughing and eventually moaning we found our way to the end of the meal...  Side Street Inn was truly an authentic Hawaiian Cuisine experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment